Swing Dancing... is it dead yet?

2

Written on 8:39 a.m. by My gratitude journal

No, no, no, ladies and gents! The dance your grandparents remember from their young years is still well alive!

Very popular amongs university students of Montreal, it is part of what makes the city so vibrant in colours and energy.



For Swing in Montreal
swinginmontreal.com

Great schools in Montreal
Cat's Corner
Studio 88swing

My favorite dance troupes
The Swinging Air Force (SAF)
The SAF All Bal Team
Port-O-Swing


International forums for Swing dancers
LindyHopper.ca
Yehoodi.com

Music that Swings
Yehoodi.com

As one dancer from the SAF All Bal Team would say: "Keep the Hop!"

If you enjoyed this post Subscribe to our feed

2 Comments

  1. My gratitude journal |

    Great! I went to Boston for Kevin and Carla workshop... so I might have met you already.

    Anyways, it's sad to hear that the swing scene is fading out in Boston as it's not the impression it gave me when I was there. You have some real good dancers there!

    I think it might only be a phase. In Montreal, the swing scene has experienced the same decreases in popularity always followed by peak periods. These fluctuations were often associated with changes in the students lifestyle (exams, study break, vacations, etc) because they constitute a large part of the scene. So I'm hoping that what you're describing is only temporary as well.

    I love balboa as well and I'm very happy to hear it's gaining popularity in Boston so I can bal with you guys next time I visit.

    For the West Coast Swing, we've had a few workshops in Montreal and several dancers have a growing interest in WCS but it's not as big as ECS, Lindy Hop, and now Balboa.

     
  2. My gratitude journal |

    Ce commentaire a été supprimé par un administrateur du blogue.

     

Publier un commentaire